Monday, February 27, 2012

Week 8 EOC: Creative Content


There are a number of ways to market chocolate. Some people choose to market it with other products such as flowers or fruit. For the nature of what my product is I’m going to do a few things for it creatively to make it stand out. The first thing I’ll do is to choose a demographic region that I’d like to tackle then make musical commercials to speak to those demographics. For instance, if I’m targeting the 28-35 age range, the music in different areas will be different across the spectrum. Meaning it will have a hip-hop feel in some areas and an old school or kind of popish type of feel to it. My musical commercials will be recorded by me and may include some outside help from my peers. I’ll also have pictures of what we can make your gift look like. For instance if you have a shoe and a hat that are worn together, I can show you how it will come in the package together. My pictures will be actual pictures, as well as, some photo shopped examples. All in all I think this is going to be a marketing idea. When coming up with the different ideas for the creative side of things one always wonders how these creative ideas are going to generate monetary means. Well “a company’s mission should not be stated as making more sales or profits—profits are only a reward for creating value for customers: Armstrong & Kotler (2011). Marketing: An Introduction Publishing pg. 41. Now what this means to me is that, yes the ultimate goal is to make money from this product by having the creative ideas push the envelop to make people what to buy the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment