Monday, January 23, 2012

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics

Millennials - Born between 1977 and 2000, these children of the baby boomers number 83 million, dwarfing the Gen Xers and larger even than the baby boomer segment. This group includes several age cohorts: tweens (aged 9–12), teens (13–18), and young adults (19–32). With total purchasing power of more than $733 billion, the Millennials make up a huge and attractive market. As a millennial I would say that the description given to us is justified. Thought I can’t say that I was brought on the Internet. I can however say that I do have a pretty good handle on where to go on the Internet for what I need to know. The age group in fit into for the millennials is the young adults (19-32). Growing up I can remember when I was first introduced to computers. I was in fifth grade and we had keyboarding class. In class of course we were being trained so to speak on how to actually use computers and how to type. The first game I played on computers was a game called “Oregon Trails”. Going further in life I can recall that my first actual computer was a gateway desktop. Even though I’d worked on computers before I was still a bit shaky on what I’d use it for other than games. Then I was told about the Internet. Back then AOL was the craze. If you didn’t have an AOL account you weren’t in the know. Come to think about it now if you don’t have a Facebook page, Twitter account, or some sort of social media forum to communicate on, you’re not in the know. So to me it’s all still the same. Either way being a millennial puts me in a good place and I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment